The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The help Charlie topic/with my Necrovalley Monarch deck etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do that. Why is Trap Hole so bad though? It rapes Blackwings, as it can hit any of them. Their Black Whirlwinds won't work, which can make their hand dead, and you can follow up with direct attacks from the Gadgets. It also slows down Lightsworns, Samurai, and Rogue Glads. I don't see why its so bad. Royal Oppression covers whatever Trap Hole can't touch. Pros are siding it, and teching it in the maindeck with Gadgets seems alright. If I get PWWB, I will definitly drop them though.

What do you think of Burden of The Mighty in the Gadget deck? I can drop Gorz and some other stuff for it possibly.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes drop gorz for burden and if you absolutley insst go ahead and keep traphole in the deck. i give up on that.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am probably wrong like always, since I jump the gun too fast, but it just seems really good in theory right now. If it fails miserably, I will drop it.

Also, I have proof on the Justi-Break errata. I cannot find it at the moment/im too lazy, so let me just put it like this. The Justi-Break from the new structure has the card text exactly as I described. =D

I will bring the card in this weekend for clarification. ^_^
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trap Hole is bad in yugioh because the game has always been proactive. You can never let your opponent fall into your trap cards. The card may be good- and I agree it is, but you should be doing something more productive with your deck than setting up a card that will destroy a single monster on the summon. They can still attack you with the rest of their field and it puts the monster in the graveyard. Want to know how helpful that is? Very, very, bad. You could do better RFGing it like BTH, but the card is still reactive.

Torrential Tribute causes massive card advantage or at least board position so that is worth playing, same for Mirror Force. Trap Hole is like the parking spots with a motorcycle sitting in it- A TRAP! Don't run it, play something that will gain you some advantage and get you somewhere in the game.

I like the card, but I have to agree with Begley here, don't run the card. Run more card advantage!

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy +1s are hard to come by in yugioh, unless you are using the top tier decks. Trap Hole is easy to use, they summon once a turn, so activation will easily be met.

Putting monsters in the grave is bad, but its better than on their field, or in their hand. Bottomless Trap Hole, has always been better, and Torrential is easily in a league of its own. It is used differently, and its limited because of how powerful it is. Mirror Force is the same way.

Anyways, Trap Hole is good, but not THAT good. Its just tech which pros usually side, and I am trying it out in the main deck until I get PWWB. Trap Hole is a 1 for 1, which Gadgets love.

Anyways, Julia Hedburg made me lol. I got my certification back through email, read it, and started laughing after she introduced herself. Its because I have known about her since who knows how long, and people made jokes about her etc.

Subj: Congratulations on your RC-1 Certification!
Date: 11/17/2009 9:15:56 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: us-judgesupport@konami.com
File: JudgeListInfo.xls (22016 bytes) DL Time (46666 bps): < 1 minute
Sent from the Internet (Details)

My name is Julia Hedberg, and I am the Judge Manager for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

First, let me offer my congratulations on achieving your Rulings Comprehension – Level 1 Certification. The Rulings Comprehension - Level 1 test was designed to evaluate your knowledge of basic game mechanics as outlined in the Official Yu-Gi-Oh! rulebook, both in general gameplay and as they apply to specific card interactions.
Many people are surprised at how much (or how little) they actually do know about basic game mechanics, and I hope that the test experience was instructive.

So! Now that you’ve got your RC – 1 certification – where can you go from here?

Most commonly asked questions about the RC -1 Test:
Am I an official KDE judge now?
Passing the RC -1 test does not make you an official judge. If you judge, it will make you an RC -1 certified judge. If you play instead of judge, it will make you an RC- 1 Certified player. If you don’t play OR judge, it will make you…RC-1 Certified. Congratulations!
You become an official KDE judge by joining the Judge Program (see below) and actively judging in events.

Will I get a special Judge ID Card or a certificate to prove that I passed this test?
No, you will not receive anything, such as an ID card, a gift, or certificate for passing this test – it is an entry-level test, after all. The Judge Program resources are finite and I prefer to expend them in directions that benefit active judges.

How do I prove that I’m RC -1 Certified?
For the time being, if it is a matter of importance (for example, your local store owner or TO really wants to know if you have passed the test and isn’t willing to take your word for it) he or she may email us-judgesupport@konami.com and request this information.

Now then, the most important thing for you to remember is that passing this test does not instantly make you a judge, or obligate you to become one. You’ll note it is called a Rulings Comprehension test, it is not called a Judge Test. If you want to post your shiny new certification in your online signatures, I’d recommend something along the lines of “RC -1 Certified” or “Rulings Comprehension Level 1”, if you want to be accurate.

Many players like to take certification tests for a variety of reasons that do not include an interest in judging. No arguments from me on that score – I’m not going to force you to judge or list you as a judge just because you passed a certification test. If playing is what you like best, play! A solid knowledge of game mechanics is an asset to the players and makes the judges’ jobs that much easier.

However, if judging is something you enjoy (or you’d like to give it a try) you’ll want to join the Judge Program. Joining the program makes me aware of your interest, and gives you access to the program’s resources, including judging opportunities, judge networking, and judge training.

Join the Judge Program!
Joining is easy! All you need to do is reply to this email with some basic information. I’ll enter your information into my Judge Roster, which will help me get to know you, which makes it easier for me to provide you with the right opportunities and resources.

If you have Excel, fill out the attached .xls file (there is a sample entry to show you what to do) and return that with your reply. You’ll make my life a lot easier if you return the information in the .xls (and get on the Judge Roster much faster), so please use the .xls file if possible.

If you haven’t got access to Excel, you can copy and paste the following list, then fill it in:

Last Name:
First Name:
COSSY ID:
e-mail:
Phone:
City:
State/Province:
ZIP/Postal Code:
Date of Birth:
Home Store: (Where you judge and/or play. Give the store name, and the town in which it is located.)
Shirt Size:
Languages You Speak:
Special Skills: (For example, if you are an EMT, have a lot of demo experience, are a notary public, etc.)
Experience: How long you’ve judged, and what kind of events. Be brief!

Several of you have been working with me in the judge program for some time now, and while I do have most of your information, I would greatly appreciate it if you’d send this in as well. I would like to have a more standardized listing, with solid information for everyone.

When you join the Judge Program, you’ll receive periodic emails with the latest in OP news, as well as updates on the Judge Program itself.
Judges in the European territories will also receive information directly from the European office, as I will pass their contact information along to the European team. I will be overseeing the general direction of the Judge Program for Europe and its associated territories, but the European office will manage you on the local level.
Judges in North and Latin American territories will be receiving information from me.

If you have any questions about the Judge Program, feel free to contact me at this address and I will do my best to get them answered. I’m looking forward to building a robust, well trained corps of Yu-Gi-Oh! judges, and I invite you to look into our Judge Program if you are interested in being a part of this.

Julia

Julia Hedberg
Judge Manager, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
us-judgesupport@konami.com
Twisted K

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah none of the julia crap is lol worthy. and if i need to see that i iwll just read my own email.

as for the pwwb you need. i got a few spares so i will help you out. and the solution to easy +1's is simple...play a top tier deck. no excuses. yes it will cost money but it is doable and pending the deck you will already have more cards for the deck than you would think. in your case just get some d-draw and malicious and you will be in business. they are not as expensive as they once were and walmart is selling sealed aster boxes for 20 bucks (good deal). get one.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malicious and D-Draw... eww cookies!

Do I have to run those? I know for a fact not all competitive decks run those. =(

Anyways, they are really pro, and a Perfect Circle deck can work quite well. Destiny Hero Zombies can be pretty crazy too.

Not only that, it is a consistent draw engine that lets you shoot out constant Synchros. Its cool!

Monarchs are on the higher end of tier 2, and I pretty much completed a build of an Anti Meta variant. Hopefully that will be able to wreck enough to keep me satisfied until I get some new cards. :3
Twisted K

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah not all decks run those...the ones that dont are called blackwing and lightsworn.

get those damn cards and do not sit there and try to argue with me that a d-draw engine would not make your deck better.

and like you said d-draw zombies can be crazy.damn thing made top 16, and i know you love zombies so why not work on building that.

so no excuses. the cards are good. they WILL make your deck better so get them.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing is they go great in newer builds of decks I already have.

Anyways, how much do you value Tragoedia at?
Twisted K

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea how much trag is.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, the tournament is closed tommorow. =(

John has been sick, and there is no employees or something.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah john has closed the shop down so we areout of a local. i willlet you know if anything comes up with a new place.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks. I was really hoping to "play all day."
Twisted K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all did charlie...we all did...

well i will keep in contact with you charlie and when something new comes along the way we will jump on it and tell you...in the mean time we can reside to using this board like we have been latley
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan to me.

Gravekeepers really need their own tuner. :\
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Deck List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: