The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The help Charlie topic/with my Necrovalley Monarch deck etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. =)

There is a rumor that the sneak promo is a GK monster. It would make me really happy if it is.

I really like GKs, and nobody uses them. DAD would be really good in them even if you cannot blow up stuff half the time. It is still a 2800 special summon, and you can manipulate the grave with Rite of Spirit.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wouldnt suprise me if the promo is a GK card. personally though i want to know the exclusives and so far i am not happy with what they have announced
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that no one uses GK because they are not as good as the other options in the current metagame. Unless awesome support comes out and you manage to "go rogue" you will always have a hard time competing with top decks running a tier 2 or tier 3 deck. Sorry, but this is how life works you need the best to be the best.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GK have always been pretty good, but their reliance on Necrovalley is what their main problem is. Necrovalley is a very powerful anti-meta weapon, and your GKs become a real threat with it... however, if Necrovalley gets blown up, you have a bunch of weak Vannilas on the table that can't do anything.

You have to defend Necrovalley by all means to do good with them, which means 3 Dark Bribe and 1 Solemn Judgment is stable in your standard Gravekeeper deck.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which means the deck is automatically weak because it relies on having 7 cards to make janky monsters pretty good. Instead you could run really good monster with support to make them crazy good. *cough*lightsworn/DAD/glad beasts/etc*cough*

LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are getting some new toys in the next set, so they might get strong enough to compete with decks on that level. Like I said, you have ways to search Necrovalley... but you only have 3 of them. Protection is crucial, but versitile. It can also be used to protect your monsters etc.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in addition to necrovalley you should run secret village of the spellcasters.

GK's are good at giving you +1's and because of spy can pump out 6 star synchros like clock work.add to that you have allure to work from and with high priest the option of a DC-trade in engine. grave keepers are not that bad as long as you choose not to rely soley on necro valley and use their +1 effects to control the gamestate. also you can run DAD in GK once you get one. just opt to drop your oppressions. they can add to dead hands and dead draws too often and the ability to special summon is too big a sacrifice for you to make in that deck. (CBA people CBA)

also, Erik, Glad beasts are no longer good and seldom see play.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still do not think that going the Necrovalley route is a good choice because it drains a large portion of your deck into searching and protecting Necrovalley. 2-3 Fetchers, 3 Necrovalley, 4 protection slots->that's 9 cards minimum. 1/4 of your deck is just defending this one card and getting it active.

Using a different build that gains card advantage at nearly every turn is a much better way to construct the deck because it will allow you to play your game while gaining an edge on your opponent. Try building Begley's suggested GK version and you will probably find yourself with a stronger deck.

I am not trying to make your deck look bad or insult it, but if you want to be more competitive you need to make a deck as good as you can. Taking a build that does not allow this defeats your goal of becoming better before you even get started. When the GK support come out, then you can look into the deck- but not now. I suggest you pick either gadgets or monarchs and go to town until the GK support. Then you can look into getting a new deck.

LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the tourney cancelled today? I waited until like 12:50.

The deck isn't bad, its just flawed which I understand. Monarchs and Gadgets have tested beastly for me, and I will use them until I get the GK support.

Also, that idea can work Begley. :]
Twisted K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it was canceled AGAIN and we recieved little to no warning, AGAIN.

as for my GK idea i am not big on the necrovalley (or village for that matter) protection aspect. the idea is that you have enough searchers for your field spells that when one goes down you can just replace it with another. the only real protection you need is pwwb especially if you go my secret village route. this frees up a good portion of your deck for more synergy and less dead draws.
Razjah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could play Big City and play a control deck! You might lose every round, but at least the deck is fun to play, and cheap as all hell.

Or you could go with Secret Village. The card is a powerhouse if you set up the spellcaster. Hell, it might even be worth keeping Breaker in the deck just to keep the spellcaster count up. High Priest counts as a spellcaster and has a good effect. This plays nicely into your multiple Fissures and the Smashing Ground because your opponents wont be able to use the best destroy effects in the game.

LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big City is bad. If I want to use a control deck, I will run my Monarchs, or Gadgets.

Also, that is a good theory Begley. In my Monarch deck, I have 3 GK Commandant, 3 Royal Oppression, and 3 Necrovalley. I have so much anti meta, and 3 tutors for Necrovalley, I don't really need the Dark Bribes as much as I thought. It is not a Gravekeeper deck, I just splashed GK Commandants and Necrovalley as anti meta, and to make my Spys really big. Other than that, my Charlie Control (My Monarch deck) is pretty much standard.

Secret Village decks made a respectable showing at SJCs before. They are pretty good.

Anways, my Gadget deck... would you go 3 Shrinks, or 3 Book of Moons?

Here is my decklist, and I am currently messing with it.

Monsters:17
2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
1 Cyber Dragon
1 Neo Spacian Grand Mole
3 Red Gadget
3 Green Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
3 Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
1 Gorz The Emmisary of Darkness

Spells:15
1 Smashing Ground
3 Fissure
3 Lightning Vortex
1 Limiter Removal
3 Creature Swap
3 Shrink
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps:13
3 Royal Oppression
3 Dimension Prison/Sakuretsu Armor until I get the former.
3 Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Deck:45
Twisted K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok charlie i'm gonna start off by telling you that you do NOT run gorz and oppression in the same deck. do not run gorz in deck with any continuous cards or field spells. so right off the bat you got the choice to drop gorz or the oppressions (prolly gorz).

Next, shrink and trap hole are cluttering up the deck and will give you soem dead draws and dead opening hands. drop both sets and replace them with some pwwb. finally replace all saku's and d-prisons with threatening roars or book of moon but put the d-prisons in the side deck.

this ought to lower the over all card count to an acceptable level.

Erik, if he goes secret village he probably wont need breaker since all gravekeepers are spellcaster monsters so they will hit two birds with one stone (additionally it alows you to drop tempest magician and arcanite magician ftw)

To be honest when powerforce comes out i have been considering making gravekeepers myself with this style build.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run 9 gadgets, you are supposed to run 45 cards to make 5th of the deck Gadgets. That means it will minimize the chance of opening up with a dead Gadget. If you run 2 sets of Gadgets, I usually like to run 40 cards. =P

Gorz does conflict, but I can always dump him for Vortex, or if my Oppression gets blown up/doesn't appear or something. Still testing though. Oppressions are staple in this decktype, so Gorz can be dropped worse comes to worse.

Cluttering is a problem for Gadgets, and it gets annoying sometimes. Threatening Roar + Lightning Vortex = good synergy. Book of Moon is god as well. I will type another list tommorow maybe.

The idea is cool with the GK's, like all new decks though, they require testing to perfect them.

Deep Sea Diva is pretty damn good. I want to use it alongside Snowman Eater once I get an Extra deck. I only have 2 Synchros sadly.

Begley, are you interested in anything from the Warrior structure? I picked up all the cool jank from it like Burdens/Trooper.

Monsters:17
Neo Spacian Grand Mole
Legendary Jujitsu Master
Legendary Jujitsu Master
Legendary Jujitsu Master
Red Gadget
Red Gadget
Green Gadget
Green Gadget
Yellow Gadget
Yellow Gadget
Banisher of The Radiance
Banisher of The Radiance
Cyber Dragon
Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
Blue Thunder T-45
Gorz The Emissary of Darkness

Spells:12
Smashing Ground
Book of Moon
Book of Moon
Book of Moon
Lightning Vortex
Limiter Removal
Fissure
Fissure
Creature Swap
Shrink
Shrink
Pot of Avarice

Traps:13
Bottomless Trap Hole
Bottomless Trap Hole
Mirror Force
Royal Oppression
Royal Oppression
Royal Oppression
Dimension Prison
Dimension Prison
Dimension Prison
Trap Hole
Trap Hole
Solemn Judgment
Torrential Tribute

Deck:42 - will make edits.

Last edited by LizardMan on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twisted K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no big interest in anythng from that deck. at the moment

as for the deck: banisher is anti meta but pointless in the deck. drop it for something. maybe some caius or raiza so you can have a reliably big hitter in the deck (in the case of this deck gorz in is unreliable). next for the millionth time GET RID OF TRAP HOLE!. drop it and either the d-prisions or the shrinks for roars and pwwb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Deck List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: