The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The YCP Friday 4.0 Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it. This is why we can't have nice campaigns.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
rcn08
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought that was because of the heathen?
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Hudson's emo spread. We're doomed. Damn not I got it.

*Slays Hudson*

Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You slay me and the spread will never end. Only I can stop it muhaha
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." Ass.

rcn08
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's mutated beyond our control! there's no stopping it!!!!!!

it's got me i'm- aggggghhhhhh!
DEREKDEREKDEREK
noob!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: New characters and such Reply with quote

All right, all compiled, here is what we've got:

Erik- Ranger
Beck-Wizard
Needer- Warlock
John- Paladin
Hudson-shaman
Katilin- Warlord

I just talked briefly with Erik and the current plan is that I'll continue in the same world as before, although we'll become less campaign oriented and more sandbox.

I need a couple things before I start setting everything up. First...I actually still need the books : )
If any one has them on PDF or something my email is dshaw3@ycp.edu

Secondly, I'd like to hear a lot about the characters- their descriptions, their backgrounds, so on and so on. If it helps, I'm getting the continent map from Erik soon. Periodically, I'll put up general information about each area and such.

I want the game to make sense for the characters, so if I can set up important plots that are character specific, that'd be great.

Aside from that, since I want this to be sandbox, the storyline won't be linear. Just so you have an idea of where I'm going with everything, eveyr major area will have two or three big quests, with different varieties throughout the continent. If any of you have played KOTOR or Mass Effect, that's KIND OF what I want to do with it, minus all the stupid sidequests.
Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the pdfs but my e mail limits me to 10 mb attachments and the books are bigger than that. I got them using bit torrent, you can find then from torrentportal.com
Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just going to sit down and make my character and I realized that I wasnt sure what we were going to start as. What level? How much gold? and what were the starting stats again? Thank you
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Elf Ranger, Firaral wields a great bow made of bone and several knives. To him, everything is about the circle of predator and prey, even the mightiest hunter will become prey. This leads to a dark sense of humor (at times) and belief that death is inevitable and thus there is no point in thinking about it. Due to his beliefs Firaral tends to argue with the more god driven members of the party claiming that if the gods existed, why did they let evil such as the drow and other dark races to thrive?

As a child Firaral was born to a group of nomadic Wood Elves. This means nothing statistically just culturally. When he was born there was a prophesy made, one would go to hunt and destroy darkness. Because this prophesy Firaral was named it means Dark-hunter. Firaral was trained to be a scout for the tribe until his coming of age, where he was informed of this prophesy and sent out on his own because remaining with the tribe in the woods would no longer aid him.

At first Firaral was excited, now he is bored. He delved into dungeons and fought monsters and learned nothing of this prophecy or how it mean anything to him. He could not find the great evil he was meant to kill, so he took back to the woods.

Firaral lived for three years the path of the lone wolf. He hunted and was hunted and survived alone. But he felt something was missing, companionship. He took on jobs a scout and guide for people leaving the city, seeking to keep them from harm. Yes death is unavoidable, but one should not go leaping into its arms.

Firaral is generally stoic young man. Although when he grows to trust the people he is around he will tell tales of wild beasts and great hunts he saw or participated in. He also will sing, poorly, but singing none the less.

Razjah

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also while thinking, I have shifted my favor away from the standard array. I much prefer the point buy system that allows for more customization in the characters. A character could need the two 16s and prefer to dump several unimportant stats, but the standard does not allow this. Also if someone prefers to have an 18 in a single stat and suck everywhere else, so be it. I do still hate the 4d6 method as the randomness can greatly penalize players before the game even started. This is less likely here but I still have 3.5 flashbacks where the rolls could determine what character and race you played.

Just my thoughts. Derek let us use the point buy system!

Last edited by Razjah on Sun May 31, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also vote for point buy. I too like the flexibility.
lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new character concept idea:

A tiefling wizard with very prominent tiefling qualities. Because tieflings are not very well accepted in the general public, she has made it her mission to show that tieflings can contribute to society. To do this, she builds up her wizard skills in the attempt to show the military that they need her for her skills, regardless of her race.

Also, I think this would be really cool plot bit with Needer's character being a closet case tiefling. What do you guys think?
lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I vote for point buy system too.
Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some background ideas for my character.

A young shifter shaman who is looking to bring tales of adventure back to the tribe one day. He has focused his life on the spirits and has been steered by them spirits to adventuring. Battle is a test for him to support his allies and the concept of adventuring appeals to the nomadic shifter nature within him. His spirit companion is a wolf, a prime example of a stealthy hunter which he admires. (Wolf substitutes the panther)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: