The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The YCP Friday 4.0 Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or might be worth changing to another class, like Warden.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely change my class if needed. Don't get me wrong: I love my bard. But I'll be playing other skill monkeys at the same time. What would you suggest?
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically you cover each role: defender, leader, striker, controller, then double up on defender and striker and leader. Controller is rarely doubled up on because it weakens each controller.

We need to cover the roles and have a good mix of melee and range. If we want to simply make new characters, then we are in better position.

Also, we should try to cover all the skills so that no one is being left auto fail the skill challenges. With skills in mind I think that the best defenders are the Warden and the Paladin; the fighter nerfs his own skill list with armor proficiencies. The remaining options for all roles are decent for skills as long as we are aware during character creation.

Becky says that she will change her class, we could keep both defenders we have while her and I take a striker and a controller class. Or if anyone else is looking to change classes, post it up. Hudson said he is okay to change.

Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was browsing the internets and it seems that having one of each role than adding in leaders and strikers is the best bet to kill quick and remain alive. Plus the leaders all have a healing ability so having more means less dead people. Also going with more leaders and strikers gives better skills because many of the defenders in heavy armor have athletics and endurance while taking penalties because of their armor.

So we should probably go either 1 defender, 1 controller, 1 leader and 3 strikers or swap 1 striker for 1 leader and have 1,1,2,2 and kill and remain alive.

Also having one ranged striker and one melee striker is very good, having too many melee strikers who tend to have bad AC stresses the leader ability to keep poeple upright.

Conversly a party of all leaders might be good just like a party of all clerics or druids in 3.5 was good.

lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for changing classes around for the party: If someone wants to play a leader (which the bard is currently helping to maintain), just post up here and I'll change my class to a controller class such as a wizard. I miss my wizard!
rcn08
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I kinda like my character as is. I would change if really needed but we already have 2 willing to change and erik is still making his guy so that's three that we can work with.
That leaves us right now with a melee striker (derek's rogue), a ranged striker (my warlock), a leader (kaitlyn's warlord), and one or two defenders- john's paladin and hudson's tempest.
No offense hudson but I'd vote to change your character, he isn't a great defender since he has a hard time remaining upright, he doesn't heal, and he had the worst time in skill challenges lol.
It would be nice to have a controller, another ranged character and another leader. Becky was excited to get another wizard, Erik talked a lot about making a ranger lol and a leader would be pretty close to what hudson had before so it'd make sense if we went that way but whatever works.

All in all we're just there to have fun anyway
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forget the Rogue is leaving when Derek takes over.

rcn08
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a controller would be great, more ranged would still help and another leader/healer wouldn't hurt. My suggestion remains unchanged
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, three melee and three ranged characters doesn't seem to be too bad. I think Becks wants to controller. Not sure if she will be a wizard or one of the new ones.

lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be a wizard! *classic zelda victory music ensues* I may remake the old wizard purely for comic relief. Not sure.
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we will kill her so that NPCs like us, or at least tolerate us. Make another Wizard who thinks a little before talking.

Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Hudson said he wants to play a shaman. I'll cover the remaining striker role with my elf ranger.

British sounding elf who has multiple sets of clothes, green and brown for the spring and summer. The fall colors are deep red and browns (falling leaves) while the winter colors are light blues and whites. He refuses to wear off season colors.

The personality is a lone wolf hunter. He will join with people after seeing them prove themselves. He prefers to act alone while helping groups- acting as a scout or a rear guard. Although after getting to know a group of people he will try to entertain them with wild stories he has heard and will sing to pass the time.

Opposing this, he has little to no regard to his own safety, simply choosing the bow because he excels at it.

Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to go with shaman as Erik had said. I have not chosen a race yet but I have it narrowed down. I'll come up with some back story and character traits after I pick my race but I will be a stalker shaman. I see we have a warlock wizard and ranger. I dont really know what is going on with bender I haven't heard from him in awhile.
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he continues he can keep Trogdor or at least a paladin. If he drops I can drop the ranger to pick up the defender role.

Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 99% sure he will continue. He is just being anti-social right now. The emo is spreading haha
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: