The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The YCP Friday 4.0 Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can have pretty much any number of mundane stuff. You can have a sling and an axe, and with the magic items you can get both enchanted if you want.

The integration will come next Friday, and I need to know more about your character.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to cancel this weeks session. I have a meeting for being an orientation leader at 3:30. Sorry. If there is another time during the week or weekend that works for people let me know.

Dracina
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't take long, we could just have a short session. Other then that... 1:30 and beyond on thursday works for me.
rcn08
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhap a Saturday session?

And yeah 'must lick their wounds' just doesn't given justice to just how narrowly we got out of that fight. Three out of the four characters initially involved in the combat (the other two characters were involved in a skill challenge) were dropped to unconsciousness, some more than once, and the warlock was dropped to under ten hitpoints three times. Once the other two joined the combat, even one of them was knocked unconscious.

Maybe 'crawled away thankful to be alive' would be more appropriate
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was harder than I thought it would be. Extra XP and maybe a lesson on sticking together to let defenders defend.

And for every god in this pantheon's sake- especially Kord- GET RANGED WEAPONS SO THAT STUFF BEHIND A ROCK DOES NOT AUTO KILL THE PARTY.

Dracina
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new character has a sling that I was thinking about making a thundering weapon. Either that or enchant the axe to terror. What do you think would be more productive? After I decide that I can give ryan my papers to give to you so you can look over my character and integrate her somehow.
Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thundering does more damage, but Terror will allow the party to hit something more. It comes down to how you want to play your character.

Dracina
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay... I'll give the papers to ryan. I think I'll go with terror.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heroes escaped the Lizardmen's land and found their way back to their camp. The report made by the PCs was at the cost of the wizard, intimidating her caused her to become hostile towards two members of the party so she is leaving upon return to the city.

This means that on Friday there will be two new players to introduce to the party.

Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, no one did this yet.

The groups was required to go into the sewers of Dragonport and clean out the lycanthropes. In trying to do this they found two young boys who were taken, they were able to free them and get the boys to the surface. This concluded the session.

Also, I realized once again that the general rule of thumb is that players are idiots and will not ask for help even after no one can read the runes giving instructions to open the magically sealed door.

When we return to our heroes they are going to need to delve back into the sewers and slay everything they find, they think. Ah the life of the adventurer- That isn't murder, it's my job!

DEREKDEREKDEREK
noob!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO GOOD SIRS and ...errr...MISSES..S!!! Now that we're done this semester, I think it'd be good to start solidifying plans for the future.

To recap, In the last session, we discussed two important things:
1. Time of meeting in the fall
2. The changeover of DMs.

I think the general consensus is that we can continue on Friday afternoons, around 2:30 or 3 o'clock, and either in the library or Erik and Needer's apartment, the final call wasn't made for location or time.

As for the Dungeon Master, I know Erik's been pushing for Ryan to take over, but I've also offered to take over, so I guess that's kind of up in the air as well.

If you guys have any thoughts throw it up here.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't care who takes over, as long as someone else does. If not the 4.0 campaign will have to end.

If you want to take up the mantle then do so. Needer is still unsure, so if you would like to then do it. It is always better to have a DM who wants to do it, than to have one who is merely filling a slot.

My question for the new DM(s) would be if we start again at level 1 or if we continue and I simply make a character of appropriate level?

I suggest that any new DM restart us and the world. I really was only intending to start up and give Needer some time, but his schedule killed him so I finished this semester.

Razjah

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care what level we start/continue at in the continuation of this campaign, but I think that we should heavily consider changing at least some of the party member's classes. The party, while extremely strong in a few places, has glaring weaknesses that can easily cause the party to collapse. When the cleric died and paladin was hurt the ability for the combatants to remain alive was annihilated.

We should work to get the party to work better together.

Razjah

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our current make up we have 2 defenders 2 leaders and one striker, plus what I make. Now I could make a controller or a striker. But we have no ranged ability. This is bad.

The warlock class is not the most "Strikerish" striker class but focuses more on stopping one thing at a time rather than the rouge approach of killing one thing at a time, the Warlock lets others do the dirty work, while still dealing a suitable amount of damage.

Our defenders need to move more. Each turn the two should shift and position to give flanking opportunities. In 4e the ability to hit is everything, it is easy to get the ability to damage, hard to get a better ability to hit.

The two leaders, we need to make sure that they are not overlapping each other's abilities.

Another thing that we should make sure that we double up on important skills such as perception and cover all the knowledges. While doing this we need to make sure that everyone can contribute to skill challenges. These are a great new part of the system, but really make it hard on a party when only two people can possibly gain a success.

Just some ramblings and ideas to help stop a single type on encounter from killing everyone- a group of artillery with some brutes come to mind.

Hudson
noob!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: 4E Changes Reply with quote

If I have to I can change to something a little more well rounded since whenever skills are involved I fail.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: