The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(11/8/08) #15 - PSYCHOKINISES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: (11/8/08) #15 - PSYCHOKINISES Reply with quote

PSYCHOKINISES

NORMAL SPELL

TEXT: "Activate only while you control a face-up Psychic-Type monster. Destroy 1 card on the field and take 1000 damage."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

A pretty "cut and dry" effect. If you have a Psychic monster on the field, activate this, destroy a card, take 1000 damage.

Well, if your running enough Psychic monsters to make this card worth while to run in your deck, I say go for it. Getting a Psychic monster to the field is easy enough, more so with Psychic Teleport. Pop any card. No restrictions...any position, anywhere...nice. Clear for a hit. That could be steller if the Psychic monster on the field is a Tuner, Like Krebons, that you intend to ditch for a Synchro brute. Take 1000 damage. Well, that's a minimally hard to swallow in the scheme of things, unless your running other cards that beat-up your LP too, like Solemn Judgment, etc... Afterall, there is nothing worse than causing yourself to lose a game/match. But, used wisely, the 1000 damage shouldn't matter much.

A great card, in a predominately all Psychic deck. And, keep in mind, that the effects of destroying a card, and of taking 1000 damage, happen at the same time. If the Psychic monster is removed due to a chainb, the effect of destroying a card still happens...and, if the targeted card is removed, you do deal yourself 1000 damage.

Psychic Deck - 8-9/10

TeleDad - 2/10 (It would prove more of a hindrance than a help in this deck)

Art - 8/10 (It looks Psychic'y, has cool colors, and good art)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

CHARLIE'S REVIEW

Today we have a Psychic support card. It is a normal spell. This card is really good. It is very versitile, and is probably one of the best 1 for 1 destruction cards in my opinion. It is a huge boost to Psychic based decks. When you control a Psychic type monster you get to blow up a card, regardless of posistion. It can hit both monsters and S/T. The downside of this card is that you take 1000 damege. Personally in this fast format I do not think it is such a disadvantage. Alot of decks usually have the potential to win incredibly fast. Psychics decks have big play potential. Psychic's also have some ways of gaining life as well. There is alot of good things you can possibly hit with this card. Big monsters, and Royal Oppression are probably the best things you can hit when using a Psychic deck. This card can also draw out Solemn Judgment single handedly evening out the draw back of 1000 direct damege. If they happen to negate this card you will not take 1000 damege, it is part of the effect not a cost. I think it would be pretty interesting seeing a Tele-Dad deck teching one of these since they run Emergency Teleport, and Krebons. I highly doubt it would work well since they do not need the extra removal, and because it seems too situational. This would probably be only for fun, or in the side deck for Tele-Dad decks. Overall this card is really good. Psychic decks were already decent before this came out. This card and some others are a huge boost to the Psychic theme.

Psychic decks - 9/10

Teledad - 3/10

Teledad side decking this - 5/10

Art - 9/10. It really reminds me of an angry version of my sister lol.

Last edited by HARV35TER on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It really reminds me of an angry version of my sister

You mean there are more than one of yous'??? God bless your mother. LOL!!!
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARV35TER wrote:
Quote:
It really reminds me of an angry version of my sister

You mean there are more than one of yous'??? God bless your mother. LOL!!!

Yes, my little sister even used to play yugioh. She used a weird Harpie deck with all defense like Giant Soldier of Stone LOL.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: