The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(10/29/08) #12 - PALADIN OF THE CURSED DRAGON

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: (10/29/08) #12 - PALADIN OF THE CURSED DRAGON Reply with quote

PALADIN OF THE CURSED DRAGON

EFFECT MONSTER (Zombie / LIGHT / Level 4 / 1900 ATK / 1200 DEF)

TEXT: "Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Zombie-Type monster that was destroyed by battle from your opponent’s Graveyard to your side of the field."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

Paladin of White Dragon gone wrong! A Light Zombie. I guess that puts him somewhere between good and evil, eh?

Obviously, this card works best when a Zombie World Field Spell card is on the field. Zombie swarm just got swarmier.

Being able to Special Summon an opponent’s level 4 or lower monster that was destroyed by battle during your Battle Phase has great possibilities. Something as simple as an opponent having a face-up attack position Stratos on the field could equal; attack over Stratos with Paladin, Special Summon Stratos in Main Phase 2. There are of course many great monsters out there that you could possibly destroy by battle, then bring over to your side of the field. This amount’s to using their effect if they have a good one…tributing it off if you want to…attacking with it on your following turn… It’s pretty much like a Monster Reborn on a leash.

It is searchable with Pyramid Turtle…although Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon would be the better choice I would think. But, Paladin is definitely more Zombie Master friendly. All the other Zombie synergy applies.

And, if things aren’t exactly going peachy with the Zombie stuff you happened to draw into, well, having a 1900 ATK beat stick isn’t so shabby…

Zombie World Deck - 10/10

Zombie Deck - 2/10

Art - 9/10 (a pretty good opposite of "White Dragon")

Last edited by HARV35TER on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would not be able to use Card of Safe Return when you use this card. Card Of Safe Return only works when you special summon from your graveyard.

All in all I like this card, makes Zombie Enthuisiasts like myself wanna make a deck based around him, Red Eyes Zombie Dragon, and Zombie World.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can be a useful side card? Seems like it to me. He's big, 4 stars, and a really good side card. Of course making everything a zombie changes life, but still. I think it is a side card above all else, unless zombie vs. zombies are becoming a big thing.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch Charlie. I'll fix that now. I was thinking it was from (any) Graveyard. That's what happens when Harv has a million things going on, and rushes to slap a review up.

Beings there are only a couple of monsters that truly work with Zombie World, if someone is running that type of deck, I'd see this monster as definitely being mained...especially since he's a 1900 beater. I would think he'd need to be in there at this point in time...not sided. And, I see Red-Eyes taking the place of the Kokki's in ZW deck.

As far as a regular Zombie deck, I see no place for Paladin at all, main or side.
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently run Regular Zombies, seems to suit me better and I like how it flows better. I do not like it as a side deck card. If your going to run it, main deck 2-3 in a Zombie World style Zombie Deck.

NOTE: This is only my opinion, I am sure there is other people with different opinions.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric is my bud...but I'm not sure where he's coming from with the side-deck thing. Again, I don't see this ever holding a side-board slot...I see it as being mained in a ZW deck, or not at all.

He may be talking about siding it in a non-ZW Zombie deck, just as a beater...or to use if facing an opposing ZW deck (Zombie vs ZW...?)...dunno'.

Charlie, don't need to note your opinion bud. You have every right to give one. If me, or Eric, or anybody else, don't like your personal opinion about something, then too bad for us. Someone may not agree with my outlook (or opinion) of a card. They may, or may not, make me see it differently. I may tell them they have done so...but I'll never make a notation for thinking the way I do, or did, about a card.

It is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the current, or soon to be, meta. I was thinking that the card could be useful against zombies to rob their grave of zombies and make the constant recycling from occurring. The above sense makes sense to me, but i thought it.... stupid brain!

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. It's all good Eric.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: