The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Card Rulings
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Duelist's Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tralala Bard
Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Card Rulings Reply with quote

So, I can think of a few times Erik, Begley and I have been playing and we came across a combo that we all just go, "wtf?" and can never decide what would happen. It's pretty obvious that the rulings online aren't that great, so this thread can be used to discuss what you think would happen in certain situations.

I'll start it off with this:

I had Cyber on the field, Erik had Metal Armired Bug. I swing with Cyber, he accepts the attack, and I play Shrink. He then uses his Solemn Judgment. Would it go through?
"You're going North!" "We're going to the Parkway!" "...You're still going North!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had Cyber on the field, Erik had Metal Armored Bug. I swing with Cyber, he accepts the attack, and I play Shrink. He then uses his Solemn Judgment. Would it go through?

O.K., I assume you mean Cyber Dragon...and you obviously activated Shrink during the Damage Step after he accepted the attack...for you did give him a chance to respond to your attack.

So...the great thing about Shrink is that it can be activated during the Damage Step...but...Counter Traps can be activated during the Damage Step too, so...

Activation:
Chain Link 1 - Your Shrink
Chain Link 2 - Eriks Solemn Judgment

Resolution:
Chain Link 2 - Solemn Judgment (he pays half LP)
Chain Link 1 - Shrink (Negated)

Attack goes though. You plow your Cyber Dragon into Metal Armored Bug, Cyber Dragon is destroyed, and you take 700 damage.

Per Upperdeck:
Quote:
Remember that Quick-Play Spell Cards & Trap Cards can be activated during the Battle Phase, but they cannot be activated during the Damage Step unless they specifically modify ATK or DEF ("Reinforcements", "Castle Walls", "Rush Recklessly", "Mirror Wall", "Limiter Removal", etc are OK and can be activated during the Damage Step. "Waboku", "Reverse Trap", "Mirror Force", "Magic Cylinder", "Imperial Order", etc. are not OK and cannot be activated during the Damage Step.)

Counter-Trap cards may be used during the Damage Step to negate an appropriate card. You can use "Magic Jammer" against "Rush Recklessly", for example, or "Seven Tools of the Bandit" against "Reinforcements".

Hope this helps, and I think this is a good idea for a topic (game play questions).
Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response! When Begley looked it up online he couldn't find anything about it(the site he was on didn't have any rulings for Solemn), so that really helps. Sorry about not being clear that it was a Cyber Dragon down.
"You're going North!" "We're going to the Parkway!" "...You're still going North!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Jamie. Some things I know off the top of my head (such as that one)...other things I have to ponder a moment. All part of getting old, eh? LOL.

Most chaining issues are pretty cut and dry, but others are rough...especially when you start getting into areas like the Damage Step, chains within chains, timing issues, etc...

Here are a couple links to help people with things:

RESOURCE LINKS:

Individual Card Rulings

Errata and Card Text FAQ

Basic Gameplay FAQ

Advanced Gameplay FAQ

Tournament Policies

Anywho, hope to catch you all Saturday. Not positive I can make it with Easter the next day.
Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the group of links. Begley only relied on one of those pages, I think. Notice how Solemn has no rulings there? It baffled us.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Prob.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinny1986 wrote:
HEART OF THE UNDERDOG
Missing the Timing: Suppose you have 3 copies of “Heart of the Underdog” on the field, and draw a Normal Monster Card during your Draw Phase. All 3 copies of “Heart of the Underdog” immediately activate their effects, and because they activate simultaneously, they form a chain with Chain Links 1, 2, and 3. If you draw a Normal Monster card for Chain Link 3 or Chain Link 2, your copies of “Heart of the Underdog” do not activate again. This is because they are “when… you can” optional Trigger Effects, and you “miss the timing” because you drew the Normal Monster Card during a chain and not as Chain Link 1. However, if you draw a Normal Monster Card for Chain Link 1, all 3 copies of “Heart of the Underdog” will activate their effects again.

“Heart of the Underdog” doesn’t only activate if you draw a Normal Monster Card for your standard draw. It will also activate its effect if you draw a Normal Monster Card with a card effect such as “Reload”, “Jar of Greed”, or “Heart of the Underdog”.

When you draw a Normal Monster Card, if you want to activate the effect of “Heart of the Underdog” you have to show it to your opponent immediately. You can’t do anything else in between.

A Normal Monster Card means a yellow card with no effect. A Ritual Monster with no effect is not a Normal Monster Card. A card like “Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon” is not a Normal Monster Card.

When you show a Normal Monster Card to your opponent to activate “Heart of the Underdog”, your opponent can chain “Drop Off”. You will have to discard that Normal Monster Card, but “Heart of the Underdog” still resolves its effect.

If you draw multiple cards at the same time during your Draw Phase, such as with “Reload”, only 1 of the cards needs to be a Normal Monster to trigger “Heart of the Underdog”, since they are all drawn at the same time. If you activate “Reload” in your Draw Phase and draw 5 Normal Monster Cards, your “Heart of the Underdog” only activates 1 time because it says “card(s)”.

This is straight from UDE's website.

Hurray for no more confusion

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only smart people would put a card ruling in the CARD RULINGS topic.

Vinny's common sense only kicks-in when he plays Yugioh. Don't hold it against him...he can't help it. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Burial From a Different Dimension work with Macro Cosmos out? We had a ruling issue last night and I want to know if the ruling we made was correct or not. Big issue: will the cards actually come back to the grave or will Macro just remove them again?

LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the cards are sent to the graveyard. I am not 100% sure but I would ask a judge for confirmation.
Razjah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Vince since Begley refuses to respond to his name at a tourney. He said they got to the grave, but I want to be sure that it is right, if the macro guy comes back this may be a serious issue, and I may side in Burial's with Plant and other such decks.

HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Rulings for Macro Cosmos:
Quote:
[Re: Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy] If "Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy" is removed from play when Tributed (by "Macro Cosmos", etc.) or after it is Tributed (by "Soul Release", etc.), its effect will still activate in the End Phase. If it is returned to the Graveyard with "Burial from a Different Dimension", its effect will not activate during the End Phase.

They go to the Graveyard.

It comes down to the wording in the cards text. Macro Cosmos says when a card is "sent" to the Graveyard...Burial says the cards are being "returned" to the Graveyard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Begley Brain Controlled my Great Shogun Shien, once he gets it I sac my Yaichi to Enemy Controller it back to my field. Where does it go at the end of the turn?

We just kinda guesses, deciding that it would either work by Active Player stacks triggers, or the end of turn triggers resolve in the order they were activated, or the last spells end of turn triggers resolve in reverse order in which the spell cards were activated.

Example 1: active player picks how end of turn triggers stack
Example 2: goes back to Begley
Example 3: comes back to me

So, what actually happens?

vinny1986
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
Okay, Begley Brain Controlled my Great Shogun Shien, once he gets it I sac my Yaichi to Enemy Controller it back to my field. Where does it go at the end of the turn?

We just kinda guesses, deciding that it would either work by Active Player stacks triggers, or the end of turn triggers resolve in the order they were activated, or the last spells end of turn triggers resolve in reverse order in which the spell cards were activated.

Example 1: active player picks how end of turn triggers stack
Example 2: goes back to Begley
Example 3: comes back to me

So, what actually happens?

The shogun would return to the original owner. So, it would remain on Eric's side. I do not know exactly the specific steps to which the lingering effects would resolve, but i l think Eric has it right.

We are Team Fish
Manahawkin, Wall, Forked River and Tuckerton NJ
Twisted K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the shogun went to the owner then it would go back to me considering i am the actual owner of the card. in fact i think that owner rule shuld apply any time i play against Jamie or Erik because it just works out that much better for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Duelist's Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: