The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Game Shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Duelist's Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinny1986
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: New Game Shop Reply with quote

In lieu of The Gaming Geek closing at the end of January, we, the moderators, Jim and Harvey have located a new game shop called Play All Day, located in Little Egg Harbor. Myself and The Begley have spoken to the owner, John Devitt, and have devoted Sunday's at noon as the Yu-gi-oh day. He has devoted the shop to all games for casual play, meaning anybody can go in and play any game with people at anytime, just like the old gameshop used to. We are looking to hold sanction tournaments as soon as possible.

The following is his address:

Play All Day
John Devitt
700 Mathijtown Road
Little Egg Hoarbor, NJ 08087
(609)-857-5800

We are Team Fish
Manahawkin, Wall, Forked River and Tuckerton NJ
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: i'm a TROLL Reply with quote

Trying not to say this meanly, but posting this here is fairly inconsiderate.

Bill had open gaming during all of his open hours and only had to restrict open gaming because so many people were requesting tournaments. Even when there were tournaments if people came for open gaming, Bill would try to make room for the gamers.

PMing or calling people about this are okay, but openly posting on Bill's forum that there is another shop to replace him is just cruel and demeaning.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
unrulysaiyajin
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Don't be stupid Erik. This is done with no ill intent. Fact of the matter is there are not alot of hobby shops in this area. Alot of new people have gotten into games such as yugioh because they have been able to play consistantly on weekends at Bill's shop. With Bill closing we would like to let these people know that they will have another option and don't need to quit just because there is nowhere else to play.

So refrain from telling people what's ok and what's not. If Bill had a problem with this it would be his place to say. And I think he hasn't for the above reasons, because he does care about his players, especially the younger ones who can't always goto edison, philly, delaware just to find a tournament.

Top 4 Edison Sept 08

09 Nat's qualified
vinny1986
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I would like to thank Bill for holding sanctioned tournaments for Yu-gi-oh. I know this was not a simple feet to achieve.

Now, I know some people disapprove of my method of contacting players for the new shop. I knew what I was doing was going to cause controversy and criticism, but this was the fastest and most effective way of letting people know that when the shop closes, that they do not have to stop playing the game they love and not a personal vendetta against Bill. I do not have everybody's cell, email or address, plus with school and work, this was the most convenient option. Understand that I would not have done this if The Gaming Geek were still open. Furthermore, the Saturday night tournaments would not be affected by the new Sunday afternoon tournaments. The reason I posted this was for the sake of the PLAYERS loosing yet another game shop and that they did have somewhere else to go.

We are Team Fish
Manahawkin, Wall, Forked River and Tuckerton NJ
The Gaming Geek
THE GEEK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to lie. It did feel like a slap in the face, but I do understand that the players need a place to go, so I sucked it up. The thing that hurt the most was the piss poor attendance for my last tournament on Sat the 24th. Oh well.

On a much better note. The comic shop in Bayville contacted me to say that they are sorry to hear that I am closing. BUT they asked if I would be interested in holding Magic tournaments at thier shop. I still have to talk to them to work out the details and to see if they would be up for Yugioh as well. Let's hope. :)
full_blooded_ork
Greater Deamon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which comic shop? The one on route nine right by little john's deli?

If that's the case, it figures, I used to work for the deli, that used to be my old wawa.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that your shop closed...and I really wish that I could have been there for the last hoo-rah. But, unfortunately, my attendance has always been hit and miss...and I just was not able to "hit" anything at your shop in it's last month.

Great to hear about the Bayville Shop, and you running Magic there. Please keep us posted about possible Yugioh tourny's there as well.

It was a fun ride while it lasted, eh?

Wish you the best with everything you do bud, and thanks for all that you did for us at the Geek.

Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was always good doing business with you Bill, I am very sorry that you closed down. I have been sick with the flu so I couldn't come on your last day. Sorry about that. You were always a good shop owner, you did the right thing, kept the customers happy, and were always good to them.

It would be great if we can continue doing business at the shop at bayville as well, so please keep us updated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Duelist's Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: