The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(11/6/08) #14 - TIGER DRAGON

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: (11/6/08) #14 - TIGER DRAGON Reply with quote

TIGER DRAGON

EFFECT MONSTER (Dragon / EARTH / Level 6 / 2400 ATK / 1800 DEF)

TEXT: "If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a Dragon-Type monster, you can destroy up to 2 face-down Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

Not a thrilling lizard...nor a terrible lizard. Somewhere in between I think. Due to Tiger Dragon's effect, he's rather restricted to a Dragon deck of course...but what a nice addition to Dragon-Type decks. He's pretty much a slightly watered down Mobius. He can only attempt to destroy your opponent's set Spells or Traps, and if your opponent chains any of the targeted cards, they are not destroyed because they are no longer face-down. That's O.K. though, because I would think that his effect of destroying your opponents set backfield card(s) would be successful more often than not.

His 2400 ATK amount is nice, and typical, for a 1 tribute monster. He's looking a little nobler than most 1 tribute monsters though with that 1800 DEF of his. Tiger Dragon being an Earth monster is no great prize. There is no real synergy with "Earth stuff", more so because if you are running Dragon's, chances are the attributes of them collectively will vary a bit. However, Tiger Dragon does get the benefit of the typical "Dragon" cards that, well, work with dragon's of course, like Stamping Destruction, Dragon's Rage, etc...

Dragon Deck - 7-8.5/10

Art - 5/10 (not exactly the coolest looking Dragon I've ever seen...and the background is rather "blah")

_____________________________________________________________________________________

CHARLIE'S REVIEW

If you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a Dragon-Type monster, you can destroy up to 2 face-down Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls."

Today we have an Earth Dragon Card. You don't see many of those lol. Well this baby stands tall at 2400 attack, and has a pretty good 1800 defense. 2400 attack is the standard for 6 star monsters, crashing with Monarchs, Jinzo, Ryu Kokki, and defeating everything below it. It would most likely take a Synchro or a Boss Monster to defeat it in battle out right. Since this card is a Dragon you can use all the Dragon Support. There isn't many good support cards for them, but the good ones that come to mind are Stamping Destruction, and Dragon's Mirror. The most important part of Tiger Dragon is his effect of course. It effect sorta looks like Mobius, or Celestia only worst. Don't get me wrong destroying 2 cards has always been good, but there is cards out there that do it better. There is also alot of chainable cards seeing some play, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, Solemn Judgment, Bottomless Trap Hole, Crush Card Virus + a monster are some examples. All those cards and some more all laugh at this card. Another downside of this card effect is the S/T he destroys must be face down. That isn't much of a deal, but having the option to destroy a random card like Swords of Reveiling Light isn't shabby at all. You also must tribute a Dragon Monster, which makes it totally un-splashable. I might actually consider running Caius over this in Dragon decks. Dragon decks aren't very competitive and they haven't been doing much for a long time. I highly doubt this will make them a tournement dominent force. The card is pretty good though.

Dragon Deck - 7/10

Elsewhere - 1.5/10 (Its still big right?)

Art - 5/10 Looks sorta creepy when its staring at me. I wouldn't want to meet this guy in dark allyway lol.

Last edited by HARV35TER on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This card could have been so much better if it could target monsters and if you can hit face ups as well.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...the watered down version appears unnecessary. But, if you take a moment to ponder the possibilities of such a thing...hmmmm.

I don't know how lucrative the reality of it would have actually been, but imagine a Dragon based deck with 3 Prime Material, 3 Tiger Dragon (with a Mobius-like effect), 3 Mobius and maybe a couple other splashed Monarchs... sounds like it could be very brutal. Maybe that's why it's watered down...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but yes, Mobius is better. Of course the Monarchs are better, most of the time, but in Pure Dragon Decks, at least there are some boosts to help.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Dragon's do have some support cards in their favor, but considering what that support is consists of...blah. LoL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: