The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(9/24/08) #3 - PENUMBRAL SOLDIER LADY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: (9/24/08) #3 - PENUMBRAL SOLDIER LADY Reply with quote

PENUMBRAL SOLDIER LADY

EFFECT MONSTER (Warrior / DARK / Level 6 / 2100 ATK / 1400 DEF)

TEXT: "If this card battles a LIGHT monster, this card gains 1000 ATK during the Damage Step only."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

Blow the dust off of her...she finally has a use or two. This sword wielding hottie pumps-up to 3100 ATK during the Damage Step against light monsters. That's the extent of her effect (Quick Effect), and that say's it all. First and foremost, she's Anti-Lightsworn...and Lightsworn's aren't going anywhere anytime soon. She's Anti-Fairy too, which is another beefy deck type.

Being a one tribute monster, she's easy to get to the field. She can take-out a Judgment Dragon...She can take-out a Voltanis or Goryu...She's a nice wall against Lightsworn swarm...she can thwart a big hitting Valhalla Special Summon...and did I mention she can take out Judgment Dragon??!! LOL. Yup-yup.

Due to her specific effect, in regards to Light monsters only, she is only decent as a side deck card. Otherwise, she's just a one tribute, 2100 ATK monster...and that is no prize in itself. People side deck Light Imprisoning Mirrors as an Anti-Light choice, but it is vulnerable to Trap negation & Trap destruction...and won't get rid of a 3000 ATK threat. Penumbral is a viable option against Light decks. And, if your running a Dark deck, she's that much better sided-in, for she work's with Allure, Escape from the Dark Dimension, Armageddon Knight, and most other Dark workings.

Side Deck Choice - 7/10 (only if you know that prominent Light decks are being ran wherever you are playing)

Art - 5/10 (Her chopping the head off a Goblin or something would have been hotter)

Last edited by HARV35TER on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion its only good in a side deck in the average meta. Even then I do not like the card personally. Honest wrecks this card. Monarchs > Soldier Lady.

Note: This is only my opinion, I am sure other people think differently!

Very good review though.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monarchs are mained though. I think she is an average side card, but in my opinion there are much better choices. She also is slow for a side board card. Many sided cards react directly with an opponent's deck, she doesn't and is even more narrow than most other anti-light side cards.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The likes of Honest and Monarchs are going to reek havoc no matter what.

And yes, she is a rather slow side board card...unless your running Dark. She can move along rather well in that deck type.

Yup, Penumbral is no prize...just an option.

I personally do not like cards like Light Imprisoning Mirror (or more specific, Continuous S/T's and Field Spells). I draw them at the worst times, and they get wiped off the field too easy for my liking...especially with Breaker now running around. Penumbral just suits me better...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about Breaker, man the new ban list messed up life.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaker is definitely another reason that I choose this over Light Imprisoning in my Dark deck. Nothing worse than activating a card like Light Imprisoning, only to have it nuked right directly, because between Breaker, MST, and Heavy, there is a good chance it can happen quick-like, then it's just a -1.

Both cards have their good and bad points really...just personal preference I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: