The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(9/17/08) #1 - EMERGENCY TELEPORT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: (9/17/08) #1 - EMERGENCY TELEPORT Reply with quote

EMERGENCY TELEPORT

QUICK-PLAY SPELL

TEXT: "Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Psychic-Type monster from your hand or Deck. During the End Phase this turn, remove from play that monster."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

Ah yes. The new pride and joy of the Teleport Dark Armed deck.. The fact that 8 Teleport Dark Armed decks made it in the top 16 at Shonen Baltimore, with three Emergency Teleport in each, says a bit.

It all works rather easily, whether for a Dark Armed Teleport deck, or just a plain ol’ Dark deck. Emergency Teleport leans on a Psychic Tuner, so I must explain the benefit of that monster, to in turn glorify Emergency Teleport. Run 3 Krebons, a level 2 Dark Psychic/Tuner monster with the mighty effect of being able to pay 800 LP to negate an attack on it. Run 3 Emergency Teleport’s. Emergency Teleport, being a Quick-Play Spell card, can be beneficial in the sense that it can be activated from your hand during the Battle Phase if you wish. Anyway, what phase Krebons hit's the field in doesn't really matter. After he hit's, chances are something will be done with him before he get's RFP by Emergency Teleports effect. Whether Krebons is used for a Synchro Summon, tribute fodder, etc...he shouldn't hang around long enough to head to your RFP pile.

It’s a Dark in the Graveyard for Dark Armed…it’s a Dark in the hand for Allure. If you use Emergency Teleport’s effect, and Special a Psychic from your deck, it’s a 1 for 1. Having a Emergency Teleport and a Krebons in hand is O.K., but that’s not what you really want. If that happens, use the Emergency Teleport in hand to fetch a Krebons from deck, and use the Krebons in hand for something else, like an Allure. It all works out. Obviously, this card works well in a deck chock full O’ Pychic stuff, where you can grab a choice of several named Psychic monsters. Again though, Krebons is the monster of choice with Emergency Teleport, and therefore, it makes the most sense to have an Extra Deck with Synchro monsters should opportunity arise.

Dark Armed Teleport – 10/10

Dark Deck – 8-9/10

Psychic Deck – 10/10

Tuner Deck – 10/10

Art – 4/10

Last edited by HARV35TER on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This card is broke. It is good in alot of decks if you want to splash Krebons and Psychic Commander to make a synchro hybrid of the said decktype. :)
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commander. I didn't forget about him. Emergency Teleport is first and foremost worth it all due to Krebons (in relation to the Teleport Dark Armed deck). However, Commander is a definite great 2nd choice, without a doubt...but, considering it's limited use in those 8 top 16 decks in Maryland (3 of those decks ran Psychic Commander...and out of those 3 decks, two people ran 1 Commander, and one person ran 2 Commanders), I didn't really feel it was worth mentioning for that specific deck type. But yes, again I agree, he's a great 2nd choice to Krebons...even in that deck type. I also agree that it is fairly broken.
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krebons is amazing and it screams "ANTI GLADS". xD
vinny1986
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: (9/17/08) #1 - EMERGENCY TELEPORT Reply with quote

HARV35TER wrote:
. Being able to activate your set Emergency Teleport on your opponents End Phase...or from your hand during your Battle Phase (if need be), makes it very versatile, and lucrative. After a Krebons hits the field, do what you will with it. Use it for a Synchro Summon. Use it as Tribute fodder for say a Caius. It shouldn’t hang around long enough to head to RFP during your End Phase.

Ok... why would you activate teleport on the end phase? to quickly fill up your remove from play pile!!! and you mention that part of the effect in the same paragraph. lol

We are Team Fish
Manahawkin, Wall, Forked River and Tuckerton NJ
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch Vince. Without looking at the card text while I was writing the review, I was thinking "this turn' actually read "of your turn". I'll edit now...

BTW, with a little luck your making old Harv proud at the Regional as I'm writing this.

Hey, you get a PM I sent you yesterday? LMK.

noob!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you doing reviews where I can read them again.

Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom Dragon SCREAMS, ANIT GLAD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: