The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4th Edition Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
We have slain Drakemore, wow. This was the most intensive combat, ever. The battle was epic, Steve was hilarious, having Griz and Jamie would have been great, but alas.

Can't wait until next week when we find out what happens now, and we clear out the rest of the dungeon.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the last battle, too. And the battle against the Kobolds. It is good to be challenged, in fear of death to your PC, from time to time. Otherwise the game loses a little something.
Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree. But we really got lucky. We were 1) undermanned, 2) he was on 'roids, 3) Tiamat's blast and we still manages a win. The great things were definately the boosting from Cleric and Warlord, the extra damage from the Paladin and the Warlock, and Hunter's Bear trap stopped Drakemore from getting in range to blast the whole party...stupid self-sacrificing ranger...

Great game everyone, we had lots of combat and still had a good amount of RPing. And Steve, go Mike for such awesome NPCs!

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
The Gaming Geek
THE GEEK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at the next game I should say a little prayer and we should have a moment to reflect on our friend Steve.

Fare thee well, Steve. You will be missed.

Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
Yeah, I agree. But we really got lucky. We were 1) undermanned, 2) he was on 'roids, 3) Tiamat's blast and we still manages a win. The great things were definately the boosting from Cleric and Warlord, the extra damage from the Paladin and the Warlock, and Hunter's Bear trap stopped Drakemore from getting in range to blast the whole party...stupid self-sacrificing ranger...

Great game everyone, we had lots of combat and still had a good amount of RPing. And Steve, go Mike for such awesome NPCs!

Hey, don't forget, my Darkfire was real useful, too!

Actually, speaking of which, we should keep better tabs on our various things: For instance, you probably shoulda used your poisoned arrows on Drakemore--that would have added a real kick. And I forgot a couple of things, like my Witchfire actually should have reduced him to -3 to hit, not -2 (not sure if it would have made a difference, but I know he was real close on a couple of shots), etc.

But yeah, he was crazy bad-ass: I think we did over 150 hit points of damage to him. At least. Probably closer to 200. You and I did about 60 hp worth of damage to him in the first round alone.
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gaming Geek wrote:
I think at the next game I should say a little prayer and we should have a moment to reflect on our friend Steve.

Fare thee well, Steve. You will be missed.

I miss Steve.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell could I forget the poison arrows? I kinda of hate myself. Don't worry, when we go after the dragon (and why the hell not?) I'll remember. Of course the dragon will probably be immune.... I hate myself right now.

Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's summary:

We got the kids, everyone who wasn't present in person was sent back with them to the town. Bill's guy, mine, Chrissy's charater and Todd's Dwarf-new guy, got the orc prisoners. The Dwarf was one as well. We left after getting the On Pain of Death, a Falchion that causes Terror, I'm carrying it.

We then met the new Dwarf reeve who is having a big crisis. 30 super troops are being sent to town and Farbranch, the neighboring town, hasn't been heard from. Chrissy and I went to investigate-monsters and mist. We gathered all of the available people and went to Farbranch, we entered the mist got attacked by the townspeople who became monsters because of some disease called something like Farscape, of Farsickness, other worldly plague pretty much. Also the kids have been infected. We now have to go to the Serrated Cliffs in order to get Shadowroot, the only available cure.

Also, Armstrong can't hold his liquor like our new dwarven friend can, that was funny. Also two clerics whoring out the paladin... our part is so messed up.

Qismat
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Sorry I missed the game. It sounds like it was another good one.
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's the day! Waited a whole week, now we get to play again. See everyone there, or everyone that shows up.

Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
Today's summary:

We got the kids, everyone who wasn't present in person was sent back with them to the town. Bill's guy, mine, Chrissy's charater and Todd's Dwarf-new guy, got the orc prisoners. The Dwarf was one as well. We left after getting the On Pain of Death, a Falchion that causes Terror, I'm carrying it.

We then met the new Dwarf reeve who is having a big crisis. 30 super troops are being sent to town and Farbranch, the neighboring town, hasn't been heard from. Chrissy and I went to investigate-monsters and mist. We gathered all of the available people and went to Farbranch, we entered the mist got attacked by the townspeople who became monsters because of some disease called something like Farscape, of Farsickness, other worldly plague pretty much. Also the kids have been infected. We now have to go to the Serrated Cliffs in order to get Shadowroot, the only available cure.

Also, Armstrong can't hold his liquor like our new dwarven friend can, that was funny. Also two clerics whoring out the paladin... our part is so messed up.

Here you go Ajit, the last games post.

This session: we got the reeve to reveal what is really the problem- the NATs are coming to kill everyone. We also "convinced" Armstrong to support the reeve in guerrilla warfare to buy the town more time. The town was then moved to a stronghold at the foothills of the Serrated Peaks. We went ahead to get the Shadowroot, fought off skeletons and proceeded to get the root.

We ended going back the stronghold after retrieving the root. We have yet to do anything with the root.

Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
Razjah wrote:
Today's summary:

Here you go Ajit, the last games post.

This session: we got the reeve to reveal what is really the problem- the NATs are coming to kill everyone. We also "convinced" Armstrong to support the reeve in guerrilla warfare to buy the town more time. The town was then moved to a stronghold at the foothills of the Serrated Peaks. We went ahead to get the Shadowroot, fought off skeletons and proceeded to get the root.

We ended going back the stronghold after retrieving the root. We have yet to do anything with the root.

Doh, I don't know how I missed the update from last week. And thanks!
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, good game--I especially liked that you brought up my character's backstory. That was very cool.
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, last session... my internet connection has been terrible with all of the storms, and it hates me... now for the summary.

Pain of Death decided it would give Archeal, Dan's Tiefling, another chance and will go back with him to see if he is worthy.

We cured the town, Sternbeard is absolutely nuts. He made up the reason why the NATS were coming and needed to be put in an asylum. We had to kill him becasue he was a danger to everyone. We are now in control of the town, but the bar has been heavily damaged.

Other fun news, we found and anti-paladin of Hexter, I think it's Hexter, and he was grievously wounded and has amnesia. He is now with the town because out lawful good characters are having a moral dilemma over killing a person who now has no recollection of his crimes.

Today's session should start with us in the town... should.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: