The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Straight from UDE, Yugiohetc, and Pojo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Duelist's Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Straight from UDE, Yugiohetc, and Pojo. Reply with quote

UDE Announcement: Tournament Updates!

Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME
IMPORTANT: Changes to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG

SYNCHRO MONSTERS: White Synchro Monster cards are a powerful new kind of monster! Synchro Monsters go in your Extra Deck (see below)—they do not go in your Main Deck. In order to Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster, you need 1 Tuner Monster (look for "Tuner" next to its Type). The Tuner Monster and other face-up monsters you use for the Synchro Summon are called Synchro Material Monsters. The sum of their Levels is the Level of Synchro Monster you can Summon.

To Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster:

1. You need to have a Tuner Monster and 1 or more non-Tuner monsters face up on the field
2. Make sure the Levels of the monsters you want to use add up exactly to the Level of Synchro Monster you want to Summon.
3. Send the Tuner and the other monsters you are using to your Graveyard.
4. Special Summon the Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck!

RULES CHANGES: With the introduction of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and the new Synchro Monsters, a few simple rules are being changed. These changes are effective on Monday, August 11, 2008:

1. Your Main Deck must be between 40 and 60 cards. In addition to the 40-card minimum, your Main Deck now has a maximum size limit of 60 cards. Remember, it's usually best to stay close to the 40-card minimum so you can draw and use your strongest and favorite cards more reliably.
2. The Fusion Deck is now called the Extra Deck. It can be between 0 and 15 cards. Not just for Fusion Monsters anymore, you will also include the new white-framed Synchro Monster cards in this Deck. The Extra Deck still uses all the same rules as the Fusion Deck. You can include up to three copies of a card in your Extra Deck.
3. "Multi-Trigger" Effect Monster effects are now called "Quick Effects." This is a change in terminology to help players better identify and understand this category of monster effects. There are no rules changes to how any cards are played. The new term, Quick Effect, better describes the defining characteristic of these monster effects.

"Not sure if word about this has gotten out yet, but I've just been authorized to let you all know of a new pack configuration starting with The Duelist Genesis, just in case you haven't heard yet.

Beginning with The Duelist Genesis, if a booster pack has a holo, it will not replace the regular rare. That means that if you get a secret, ultimate, ultra or super rare in a pack, you will get a regular silver rare also plus seven commons, rather than just eight commons (from what I'm told).

Enjoy!"

Basically not a big change for competitive players, Which most of the people at the geek, including myself are.

Just a heads up though, I got this is the mail from UDE, and its been all over various websites. Im just spreading the news here.

The very bottom is just a rumor though which would be amazing if it were true.
Azure
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Synchro monsters are going to do well, They are easy to summon and things like Black Rose Dragon are going to do extremely well in certain decks.
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synchros are really interesting. I am a huge fan of Stardust Dragon personally.

Zombie Synchro, and DAD Synchro im really looking at for the time being.

Psychics are neat too, I want to upgrade my plant deck with the new stuff from Crossroads Of Chaos.

Last edited by LizardMan on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azure
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a fan of Black rose dragon personally.
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synchcros will be in almost everyones extra deck I think.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mind Control will be one of the best cards ever now.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite possibly Erik, You might be on to something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Duelist's Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: