The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASUAL FORMAT: alternate win conditions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Tournament Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: CASUAL FORMAT: alternate win conditions Reply with quote

card pool: legacy-legal with deck-specific bannings
# of players: 2+, melee
format rules: each player comes up with at least 1 situation that can come up during a game. we take everyone's suggestions, draw them out of a hat, and build a deck that's built around creating that situation. first one to assemble their alternate win condition wins.

examples:

-play x spells in alphabetical order
-win x coin tosses
-control x creatures without sharing any types
-kill the first player to control a (permanent type)
-deal x damage to youself without dying
-control x complete 5-color cycles
-deal damage to an opponent from x different types of sources (creatures, artifact, land, etc)
-start the turn with x cards in hand

the x's haven't been determined because i have no idea how easy these may be to build around so i can't balance them just yet. submit your ideas here and as soon as we start our casual nights we can start choosing alternate win conditions.
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the x damage to yourself is too easy because of Char, Juzam Djinn, and other things like that.
porty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. but we can just make the number really high and restrict it to within a turn or 2. can you really spend the first part of the game gaining life then do 40 points of burn to yourself over the course of 2 turns without dying? now it's a little too hard. we can balance any of these conditions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Tournament Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: